One of the biggest keys to success for a managed service provider (MSP) is to choose strategic partners that you can leverage to impress your clients.
You know who’s one of the best partners out there? Dell. Why? Because they are actually paying attention to the kinds of products and services MSPs need to leverage in order to properly serve their clients.
“The world is being redefined by the forces of the cloud, big data, mobility, and security,” Dell said in his opening remarks at Dell World 2014 in Austin. “Cloud based technology is the infrastructure, the bridges, roads, and highways of the 21st century. Data is the most valuable resource, and mobility will put that power in the hands of more people. And all that has to be secured so all that information can be accessed across every access point.”
Knowing that, Dell has been making an effort to find out what its customers concerns are with technology and focus their efforts on that. They conducted a global survey (with the fancy name of the “Dell Technology Adoption Index”) of businesses averaging between 100 and 5000 employees to find out:
- What are the greatest challenges and opportunities in technology their customers see?
- What are the obstacles holding businesses back from being able to use critical technology in their business?
And based on the responses they got, they aligned their business around what they saw as their customers’ four greatest concerns:
- Transform – Needing real end-to-end solutions that leverage new technologies like the cloud, mobility, and big data.
- Connect – Leveraging the plethora of new devices to better connect with people, and to have better support and services to make that happen.
- Inform – Unleashing all the data being collected by the services and devices out there, turning it towards outcomes, results, productivity, and growth.
- Protect – Adopting all of these concerns without compromising data security, and being prepared to quickly adapt to new threats as they arise.
“You are going to hear how Dell solutions are helping customers transforms their systems, connect their people, connect and gain insights from their data and networks,” said Dell, talking about his hopes for the rest of the Dell World expo. “These customer imperatives are the framework of the entire Dell World experience.”
So ultimately, it comes down to security, cloud, mobility, and big data, and that opens up an opportunity for everyone. Customers are ready to embrace these new technologies, but they need help and guidance to do so. They need to know they’re going to have products that make adopting these technologies and strategies easier and safer.
This is where the MSP comes in and where partnership with Dell can really help you excel. In their research, Dell found that:
- Security is the number one obstacle towards businesses adopting cloud, mobility, and big data solutions.
- Most businesses want to adopt these solutions, but are intimidated by the range of options and need for security.
This is what you should be talking about with your prospective clients. You should have solutions ready in your back pocket to pull out and say, “We work with Dell, and that means we’ve got what you need to take advantage of these technologies without sacrificing security.”
Dell knows that’s what customers want to hear. Are you going to say it?