Avaya has introduced a new set of communications solutions that address multi-channel communication focused on security, availability, manageability and scalability.
Called the Avaya Engagement Solutions, the company has tapped Google to develop a joint solution that integrates communications applications into workflows, bridging enterprise-class requirements with customer interaction preferences.
The most significant Google solution will be part of Avaya Agent for Chrome. This solution offers provisioning of customer service representatives, while allowing access to Avaya contact centre technologies through a WebRTC interface on a Google Chrome device.
The Google partnership furthers Avaya’s strategy in building up its alliance business. The networking vendor has also partnered with HP to jointly deliver team and customer engagement solutions. Avaya has also forged alliance agreements with VMware, Salesforce.com, distributor Synnex, and Wind River, an Alameda, Calif.-based vendor of embedded technology.
In a prepared statement, Kevin Kennedy, CEO, Avaya said communication is at the heart of so much employee and customer frustration, building engaged organizations is the number one challenge for 21st century business.
“Business needs to empower people with technology and services to communicate effectively and effortlessly in the workplace – with each other and with customers. For more than two decades, Avaya has pioneered business communications, and as the world ushers in a new era of engagement, our solution portfolio is again a step ahead, addressing all modern user preferences with the proven reliability, performance and manageability global Fortune 500 companies depend on for success,” he said.
The Avaya Engagement Solutions enables the combination of communications capabilities with the business applications used by various departments and groups on a daily basis. These merged applications can be integrated into workflows and published in an as-a-service fashion.
Other components of the Avaya Engagement Solution include:
- Avaya Customer Engagement Solutions, which are aligned into three sets of solutions based on customers’ input to Avaya about business–critical requirements for Top Line Growth, Customer Experience and Contact Center Efficiency.
- Avaya Snap-Ins for Engagement Environment: these integrated “Snap Ins” add communications capabilities such as WebRTC, real-time speech, mobility, work assignment and context store into existing contact center operations.
- Avaya Social Responder: a cloud-based solution for social media monitoring.
- AvayaLive Video: a hosted, cloud-based integrated audio, video conferencing and screen sharing service.
- Avaya IP Office Select: optimized for Mid-market companies with up to 2,500 employees (or 150 locations).