A San Francisco-based software company known for its cloud-based business intelligence and big data analytics platform has rolled out a fully managed cloud data warehousing service.
GoodData said its agile data warehousing service will power end-to-end automation, scalability and flexibility within the company’s Open Analytics platform. The service includes fully integrated governance as well as disaster recovery and reconstruction. Open Analytics Platform helps companies manage and analyze that data in one seamless, interactive environment and create breakthrough applications to empower their customers and users.
“GoodData supports IT’s need across the enterprise to manage different business analytics projects through one seamlessly integrated and scalable data management layer,” said GoodData CEO and founder Roman Stanek. “Based on a data lake model, our agile data warehousing service allows customers to centrally stage, store and manage all the data in one cloud-based hub.”
The service joins the company’s other services, which include sales analytics, marketing analytics, Yammer analytics and service analytics dashboards.
GoodData says it has APIs that can pull data from a number of sources, including Salesforce, SAP, Oracle and Google Adwords. Customers include Vancouver’s HootSuite.
The service includes:
- High-performance, columnar warehouse, deployed across a distributed architecture for infinitely scalable, reliable central storage
- Complete history of data, both in raw and transformed states, with full lineage from ingestion to visualization
- Integrated dual-stage storage enabling separation of all raw data (in file storage or HDFS) from analytical areas for changing business models
- Visibility into integration of structured and unstructured data through the Data Integration Service Console, a new data loading management tool to schedule, deploy, monitor and alert on extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- Support for advanced cleansing and data manipulation allowing customers to trust their data and tailor projects to specific needs
- Fully managed clustering, provisioning, and sizing of data storage process so customers don’t have to worry about operations, infrastructure, software, or tuning databases
- Flexible data modeling functions for warehouse schema and dimensionalized, aggregate data marts that support agile development practices by eliminating maintenance headaches
- Full disaster recovery and reconstruction from source data at any time in the future
GoodData can scale to more than 40,000 warehouses and over 150,000 users. Its service is capable of handling more than two million data integrations per week.