All your latest sports technology news, including how the World Cup is using video replay to help on-field referees with contentious match decisions, a new analytics platform debuts with team Germany, AI predicts Brazil to win the World Cup, and more! Plus, we speak with Alexis Dorais-Joncas, a security intelligence expert at ESET, about some of the biggest cybersecurity risks at the World Cup.
Stories of the week:
- World Cup to use video replay to help on-field referees with contentious match decisions
- SAP has introduced a new performance enhancing technology platform, which will debut during the World Cup
- Some big data predictions on who’s going to win the tournament
- sports teams and musicians can now sell tickets directly to fans through their Snapchat stories thanks to an integration with ticket search engine SeakGeek
- FOX Sports is testing ball tracing during at the U.S. Open
- Facebook’s Oculus Venues app will be livestreaming selected World Cup games for free via FOX Sports
- 6th Man Apps announces the release of the DiamondMetrics, a stat tracking app for baseball and softball.
- A live play-calling app for football makes its debut in Florida
- The NBA signs a multi-year deal with 15 Seconds of Fame
- Daniel Carcillo releases emotional video on the Players’ Tribune
- Canadian government asks Parachute Canada to develop new concussion protocols that can be applied to all sports
Follow us at: