2 min read

Data virtualization vendor targets Canadian partners

New Advantage Partner Program designed to help partners be more successful

Data virtualization vendor Queplix Corp. has launched its new Advantage Partner Program with hopes of attracting more partners in Canada and the U.S.

The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company was founded in 2004 and was initially focused on the customer relationship management (CRM) space. The company was recapitalized in 2009 around the development of a new data virtualization product said Mark Cashman, Queplix CEO.

Cashman said right now, Queplix is “channel-ready but is not yet channel-focused.” Its direct sales force currently owns about 90 per cent of the overall business, while the channel community owns the other 10 per cent. The goal by the end of next year is to move 30 per cent of its revenues thru partners.

With about a dozen partners so far, Cashman said although the company is looking to grow its partner base, it will be “selective with the partners it works with.”

“We’re starting to explore the Canadian territory,” Cashman said. “We really wanted to focus in our own backyard first, but we’ll be targeting all of the major metropolitan areas in North America.”

As for the types of partners Queplix is interested in, Cashman said the company is seeking partners who may be horizontally or vertically integrated and who may have also done CRM and enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications.

Under the Advantage Partner Program, partners can receive benefits such as training, joint marketing programs and partner marketing support. The program is open to ISVs, VARs and OEMs.

Queplix’s core product is its Virtual Data Manager solution, which is designed to help businesses with their data management needs. Features include automated application and data integration, ongoing data harmonization and a consistent view of data such as customer, product, and financial information across software systems. Cashman said the target customers for the product are global 2000 enterprises, however in the New Year, the company will also bring to market a software-as-a-service (SaaS)-based solution to address SMB needs.

Cashman said Queplix partners can expect to receive at minimum, 15 per cent margins, depending on their commitment and the success of the partnership.

Follow Maxine Cheung on Twitter: @MaxineCheungCDN.