In line with the expansion of its data centre business, global solutions provider Dimension Data is rolling out globally a suite of managed services for data centres.
The company’s standardized service is built on its managed services automation platform, a portfolio that manages servers, storage and networks for cloud, hybrid cloud and on-premise data centre. It’s a move that positions Dimension Data to take advantage of a recent trend that has seen a growing number of private cloud adopters seeking third party companies to manage their cloud environments.
“We’re seeing a shift away from clients owning and managing their own data center to outsourcing the entire infrastructure or the management of the environment,” said Steve Joubert, Dimension Data’s group executive for data centers, said in a statement. ”With Managed Services for Data Centers, clients maintain technology flexibility, while we automate routine, transactional and knowledge work across the network, server, and storage for on-premise and cloud environments.”
A recent survey by information and market analyst firm Technology Business Research Inc. indicates that no less than 70 per cent of private cloud adopters are using third parties to manage their environments. TBRI surveyed 331 private cloud end users in United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, India and China. The firm also estimates that the private cloud market, which is believed to be currently worth $41 billion, will grow by 14 per cent and become a $69 billion vendor opportunity by 2018.
Dimension Data has been on expansion mode in the last few months. In April this year, the company announced that it is poised to grow the size of its data centre business to $4 billion in four years. A few days ago Dimension Data Canada launched a cloud data centre in Toronto. The Canadian Managed Cloud Platform (MCP) brings to 12 the number of data centres Dimension Data has around the world.
Joubert said key benefits of Dimension Data’s standardized Managed Services for data centres include:
- A consistent service experience for both local and multinational clients, regardless of location, along with Dimension Data’s local delivery expertise
- Seamless and agile transition and operation across on-premise and cloud environments
- Support for multi-vendor environments including Cisco, EMC, HP, Dell, VCE, Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Citrix and NetApp
- Superior client portal and interface focused on business insights of value to C-level executives
- The ability to deliver outcomes-based SLAs to clients