Tech Data Corp. has confirmed it has successfully completed its $2.6 billion acquisition of the Technology Solutions business of Avnet Inc. This news means a whole new set of leadership changes where CEO Bob Dutkowsky and COO Rich Hume will each have their own group direct reports. Hume will still report to Dutkowsky in this new structure.
Reporting to CEO Bob Dutkowsky are:
- Chuck Dannewitz, executive vice president, chief financial officer
- Rich Hume, executive vice president, chief operating officer
- Beth Simonetti, executive vice president, chief human resources officer
- John Tonnison, executive vice president, chief information officer
- David Vetter, executive vice president, chief legal officer
Reporting to COO Rich Hume are:
- William Chu, president, Asia-Pacific
- Jaideep Malhotra, president, Global Computing Components
- Joe Quaglia, president, Americas
- Patrick Zammit, president, Europe
- Els Demeester, corporate vice president, Integration
- Michael Urban, corporate vice president, Strategy, Transformation and Global Vendor Management
Key to the Canadian operation is that Quaglia who has ultimate responsibility for Tech Data Canada reports to Hume.
“This is a momentous day in our company’s history and we are excited to welcome our talented colleagues at Technology Solutions to the Tech Data family,” said Bob Dutkowsky, chief executive officer of Tech Data. “Our combined company is perfectly positioned at the epicenter of the IT ecosystem—with the scale and scope to serve dynamic markets throughout the world—giving our customers access to an end-to-end portfolio of IT solutions and efficiently bringing our vendors’ products to new customers in more markets. Our organizations’ common cultures, shared values and commitment to providing a world-class customer experience will serve as the foundation for the new Tech Data. Together, we will be an even stronger company, capable of doing more for our channel partners than ever before. We remain confident that the acquisition of Technology Solutions creates a winning combination for our customers, vendors, and shareholders, as well as the employees of both organizations.”
With Avnet TS in the fold, the new Tech Data has a larger and more balanced geographic footprint, including a presence in the Asia-Pacific region, a new market for Tech Data. The company has operations in 40 countries, with 14,000 employees serving approximately 115,000 customers in more than 100 countries.