Microsoft CRM partner builds ‘first-ever Windows 8 tablet app for the enterprise’

March 15, 2012

Microsoft CRM partner builds ‘first-ever Windows 8 tablet app for the enterprise’ On ZDNet, puts the offering in context. ” The majority of preview apps for Windows 8 from Microsoft and its partners have been games and consumer-focused wares. There have been few examples of line-of-business apps for Windows 8, andrelatively little information so far about how these kinds of customized apps can best be built. These kinds of apps will be side-loadable and madeavailable through the Windows 8 app store,” she writes. What’s your opinion?

Cisco, EMC, VMware invested $750m in VCE: Worth the price? On The VAR Guy, the author assesses the numbers. “Cisco has so far paid $264 million for its 35 percent slice of VCE; quick math therefore suggests the other 65 percent stake in VCE has required a $490 million commitment from EMC and VMware (plus some potential dough from Intel, which also backs VCE). Final piece of math: $264 million plus $490 million equals $754 million pumped into VCE over the past two years,” he reports. What’s your opinion?

Cisco vows to give 4,000 Brit kids a proper IT schooling On The Register, Gavin Clarke reports on the tech giant’s U.K. venture. “In development is a computer science GCSE through a programme called Behind the Screen that’s being devised by IT sector training body e-skills UK with input from employers. The existing curriculum was scrapped in January following sustained criticism from employers for failing to turn out qualified students while other nations forge ahead,” he writes. What’s your opinion?

Would you recommend this article?

Share

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think of this article!
We'd love to hear your opinion about this or any other story you read in our publication.


Jim Love, Chief Content Officer, IT World Canada

Featured Download

Harmeet Singh
Harmeet Singh
Harmeet reports on channel partner programs, new technologies and products and other issues relevant to Canada's channel community. She also contributes as a video journalist, providing content for the site's original streaming video. Harmeet is a graduate of the Carleton University School of Journalism.

Related Tech News

CDN in your inbox

CDN delivers a critical analysis of the competitive landscape detailing both the challenges and opportunities facing solution providers. CDN's email newsletter details the most important news and commentary from the channel.