Software maker Oracle Corp. has released new updates for its Oracle Mobile Suite which the company says will enable customers to accelerate the delivery of new cross-device mobile applications with access to on-premise, cloud and third-party mobile services.
Mobile app developers are facing increasing demand for new highly scalable and secure mobile applications for multiple platforms. Oracle said its enhanced offering contains features that make it make it easier and faster for developers to deliver new apps.
“By integrating the mobile application developer experience on both the front and back end, we are helping developers deliver mobile applications to their organization faster and more efficiently.”
He said the new release features:
- A new cross device mobile development framework, Oracle MAF, that simplifies the development of multi-platform on-device mobile applications
- A new version of Oracle Service Bus, a core component of Oracle Mobile Suite, which provides the foundation for an agile multi-channel and more specifically mobile strategy.
Oracle MAF is tightly integrated with Oracle Mobile Security Suite, which secures corporate-owned applications and data on mobile devices, and secures deployment and management of any mobile application. Oracle MAF simplifies the creation of on-device mobile applications.
Features include the following:
- More than 80 professionally developed UI components that allow developers to create richer mobile application interfaces with extensive data visualization capabilities, reducing the need for low-level HTML5 coding
- Support for Apache Cordova plug-ins, enableing developers to leverage specific mobile device features across multiple operating systems
- Declarative UI components creation, allowing for greater reusability while developing applications as well as creating templates for user interfaces
- Built-in integration with Oracle Mobile Security Suite for extended support for application containerization, advanced authentication and authorization, and integration with social network logins
- Extended customization support enabling developers to customize off-the-shelf mobile applications built with the framework
- Support for applications developed under Oracle ADF Mobile
Updates to Oracle Service Bus include:
- Unified design-time environment in Oracle JDeveloper, allowing the development of both front-end applications and backend integrations, using a graphical wizards-based approach to expose backend systems as REST/JSON mobile-ready APIs
- Built in in-memory distributed caching to help overloaded backend systems scale and cope with the increased traffic from mobile applications while reducing overall latency and ultimately enhancing the end-user experience
- A portfolio of existing adapters to on-premises enterprise applications