Most channel partner programs focus on profitability, but Palo Alto Networks is attempting to do something different by putting the onus on enablement.
The security vendor has revamped its NextWave partner program in support of the launch of its next-generation security platform. Highlighting the new version of NextWave is pre-sales training will be added to its enablement framework that features pre-sales, sales and post-sales individual accreditations and certifications.
Company channel chief Ron Myers said the new program redefines how Palo Alto engages with and enables solution providers to turn them into security innovators.
The strategy behind this new approach is by creating more security innovators these partners can address the current cyber threat landscape, while also having the ability to go deeper with customers.
Myers’ added that by going deeper it could unlock more profitable business for the channel.
Palo Alto has updated NextWave by enabling technical differentiation and specializations to help the channel community build sustainable, breach prevention security practices. The Palo Alto channel team also boosted profitability opportunities, simplified the way it interact with and support the channel.
On the technical differentiation and specializations front, Palo Alto has included:
- Nine pre-sales specializations with different levels and expertise by role. Those roles are foundation, associate and professional;
- Expertise areas such as cyber security, platform, endpoint, mobile, and data centre; and
- TRAPS advanced endpoint specialization.
Partners who achieve this will be granted the highest deal registration protection (up to 25 per cent) for one year.
Besides enablement, Palo Alto did include several profitability items in NextWare such as:
- Improved Diamond and Platinum partner margins that reward partners who exceed quarterly growth targets;
- Predictable NFR discounts based on NextWave level; and
- Real-time reporting on the utilization of NFR equipment, NFR return-on-investment and proof-of-concept activities.
NextWave also has a loyalty component where channel partners can reach silver level status, global availability for Diamond-level partners, updated Partner Learning Center, and a new renewals platform.