Softchoice recently debuted its Backup-as-a-Service offering, which includes a fully managed and cloud-connected backup and recovery solution for on-premises environments.
The solution provider, which has deep partnerships with roughly a dozen of the industry’s top technology manufacturers, is hoping to couple the new service with its managed data centre and network services. Coupled with projections that suggest that by 2025 the global data sphere is expected to grow to 175 billion terabytes of information, Softchoice is banking multiple factors to push partners to adopting BaaS.
The new as-a-service capabilities include:
- Unified backup and recovery: Quick backup and recovery for all virtual and physical workloads in one unified solution.
- Resolution Support: Dual backup to the cloud and on-site appliances as well as 24/7/365 expert resolution support.
- Configuration Mentorship: Guidance on best practices for backup strategy via 30- to 60-minute technical conversations by telephone, email or online meeting.
- Technical Support: A single centralized support team providing 24/7/365 live answer support, a service portal, incident and escalation management and ITIL service management.
- Implementation: Combining on-site appliances with cloud storage to enable quick recovery when needed, and cost-effective cloud storage for long-term retention.
- Managed Backup Operations: Taking care of the implementation and the day-to-day operations.
- Testing: Ability to test production backups twice a year. This includes testing for granular files or full virtual machine recovery.