At the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, Calif., SanDisk Corp. released an enhanced solid state drive (SSD) line of products specifically for business.
Called the SanDisk X210 SSD, these SATA-based units will be aimed at organizations looking to maximize data centre performance or enhance the responsiveness of PCs and notebooks. The new SSD is available to solution providers who have signed up to the SanDisk Commercial Business Channel.
Tarun Loomba, vice president of Storage Solutions marketing at SanDisk, said since launching SanDisk’s commercial SSD channel earlier this year, the company has received a tremendous response from businesses that have seen significant advantages from incorporating SanDisk solid-state technology into their data centre and workplace PCs and notebooks.
The X210 SSD product prioritizes consistent access to data, such as search engine and cloud storage providers and streaming media companies. When used in micro- and entry-level servers in data centres, the SSD offers sustainable performance in read-intensive environments, and should reduces I/O bottlenecks, SanDisk claims.
The products will be available in large quantities through the SanDisk Commercial Business Channel division. Other features include:
- Provides up to 512GB of storage;
- Offers up to 505MB/sec sequential read and up to 470MB/sec sequential write speeds;
- Features automated power management, including DEVSLP capability, enabling mobile computing users to experience outstanding performance, without sacrificing battery life;
- Built on SanDisk’s advanced 19 nanometer (nm) manufacturing process technology; and
- Features the company’s proprietary high-performance tiered system architecture, which includes nCache acceleration technology.
The SanDisk Commercial Business Channel division was started earlier this year and offers OEMs and enterprise-grade SSD products to solution providers, system integrators and direct market resellers. The unit also carries the X110 SSD Lightning product, SAS Enterprise SSD and PCIe Enterprise SSD.