Do you have a young female trailblazer in your midst that is performing well beyond her years? Is there a sales rep or a human relations specialist you deal with that has been on the job for just a couple of years but already works like a pro? Do you know a fierce young junior executive worthy of a little community adulation?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, Computer Dealer News (CDN) and ITWC want to know. We are looking for the next Rising Star.
The Rising Star Award honours a female channel player with less than six years experience. It is presented annually to ensure up-and-coming women in the channel are recognized for their important contributions.
The criteria for the award are simple. A Rising Star is an internal champion, a person who works hard and well with others. She can be a person who vigorously supports a company or group initiative or brings a new innovative program to life. A Rising Star constantly improves the quality of their company’s business or the industry as a whole.
A Rising Star is a young woman who:
- is an example to the rest of the organization or community
- offers insight on business or social responsibility issues
- demonstrates effectiveness through the workday
- encourages others to be the best
- believes in diversity in the workplace
- is a self-starter and a great teammate
- provides excellent customer service
- shows appreciation
- Makes a difference in the channel community
Nominations have now closed. See you at the luncheon!
The award will be presented August 23, 2018 at the Women in the IT Channel Recognition Luncheon. The nominations will be judged by the Canadian Channel Chiefs Council, Canada’s only non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the growth of channel professionals through education, research, events, and advocacy.