SAP announced via global newswire plans to acquire Visiprise, a privately-held provider of manufacturing execution software (MES) solutions delivering integrated manufacturing operations to companies of all sizes. Visiprise has approximately 300 employees and is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia with additional offices in Carlsbad, California and Kiev, Ukraine. This acquisition aligns with SAP’s strategy of acquiring companies to enhance product functionality and extend the company’s leadership in key markets.
Visiprise has been a solid SAP partner for several years. Over this period of time, SAP has worked jointly with Visiprise on several customer opportunities, during which SAP has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers and has learnt a lot together about future needs of customers. As part of a natural evolution of partnership, the acquisition of Visiprise helps SAP align and bring its product roadmaps together faster and in perfect synchronization to customer needs. It enables SAP to bring in and direct the manufacturing expertise from Visiprise it desires to accelerate its development, sales and marketing efforts into the manufacturing execution space. It also provides customers the opportunity (or takes away the risk) in the deployment of multi-plant Visiprise global rollouts by tapping into the global services, support and SI/ISV partner ecosystem.
Visiprise’s proven manufacturing execution product can be deployed as a stand-alone solution or as a solution that integrates easily into the SAP landscape. Already available to customers via a global reseller relationship, the Visiprise solution set is pre-integrated with SAP’s MII and into SAP NetWeaver technology platform.
The integration of this solution set into SAP’s robust product offering will serve to deliver even more value to our customers. This acquisition ensures that discrete manufacturers will benefit from a leading manufacturing execution system (MES) designed for the shop floor, while delivering native integration with SAP ERP. This creates the ideal conditions for consistently high quality, efficient processes, delivery reliability, and seamless traceability of products.
– The acquisition of MES leader, Visiprise, is in keeping with SAP’s strategy to complement its existing applications and solutions with smart purchases that bring innovative technologies and capabilities, while maintaining its successful organic growth track record.
– SAP’s strategy is guided by meticulous market assessments, thorough business requirements gathering, and an exceptional focus on extending the value of customers’ investments in SAP.
– The acquisition of Visiprise is one more natural step in SAP’s manufacturing strategy of helping manufacturing organizations close the gap between operational planning and production execution.
– SAP has recently embarked upon a new manufacturing initiative called the Perfect Plant. By investing in a leading MES offering – and integrating this into SAP’s robust industry offering – SAP demonstrates continued investment and expansion into the plant-specific applications.
– The SAP Perfect Plant initiative is designed to provide plant-specific capability to help helping manufacturing organizations close the gap between enterprise planning (broad corporate planning) and local production execution.
– The acquisition of Visiprise cements the benefits discrete manufacturers have from a leading manufacturing execution system (MES) designed for the shop floor, while delivering native integration with SAP ERP. This creates the ideal conditions for consistently high quality, efficient processes, delivery reliability, and seamless traceability of products.