Office imaging device maker Plustek Technology Inc. is releasing a portable scanner and is introducing a special rebate program as well for some of its products.
The company’s new MobileOffice S601 scanner is designed to primarily scan A6-sized identification licences and critical identification documents cards such as healthcare IDs, banking cards and visitor access cards as well as business cards and receipts.
The device is approximately the size of a smart phone and can scan a card in under five seconds.
The MobileOffice S601 includes two programmable one-touch scan buttons that allow users to create searchable PDFs or images of the card by simply pressing a button. It also features advanced image processing that allows users to scan identification cards/drivers licenses and embossed plastic cards with no adjustments.
Images are automatically straightened, rotated and adjusted for exposure. The result is smaller file sizes and more accurate data extraction, said Plustek.
Meanwhile, Plustek also announced a new instant rebate program for selected scanners. The program
The new instant rebate program deals are as follows:
- $20 instant rebate on Plustek’s MobileOffice D430, a high-speed document and card scanner (MSRP: $349).
- $40 instant rebate on Plustek’s MobileOffice S410, a portable USB-powered document scanner (MSRP: $159).
- $60 instant rebate on Plustek’s SmartOffice PS286 Plus, a 25 page-per-minute document scanner with automatic feeder (MSRP: $359).
- $60 instant rebate on Plustek’s OpticBook 4800, a high-speed A4 size book scanning solution (MSRP: $749).
- $40 instant rebate on Plustek’s OpticBook 3800, an A4-size book scanning solution (MSRP: $299).
- $70 instant rebate on Plustek’s OpticFilm 8200i Ai, a 35mm slide and film scanner (MSRP: $499).
“We are excited to share these amazing deals with our customers, which are usually only offered in December for holiday-time shopping,” said Mark Druziak, Plustek’s director of marketing and business development.