This will be one of the biggest cloud rollouts for the Canadian marketplace and will feature WebEx.
On top of that Ingram Micro will also introduce the Cloud Elevate program for solution providers in this country. The Cloud Elevate program was initially launched in the U.S. earlier this year. Solution providers interested in Cloud Elevate need to register on the Ingram Cloud Marketplace by Sept. 30th and with that will receive hosted solutions from the distributor at no charge along with a $100 credit per month on their account for at least 12 months. With Cloud Elevate solution providers will be able to manage all of its cloud products through Ingram Micro.
The recently acquired Toronto company SoftCom will play a part in these new cloud offerings. Ingram’s master cloud service provider (mCSP) is now offering hosted solutions managed by SoftCom such as
- Ingram Micro Hosted Exchange based on Microsoft Exchange 2013 for email, calendars, and contacts;
- Ingram Micro Lync based on Microsoft Lync Server 2013 for unified collaboration tools such as instant messaging, voice and video calling and Web conferencing;
- Ingram Micro SharePoint based on Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 for centralized and managed repository of data;
- Ingram Micro Virtual Private Servers from Renton, Wash.-based virtualization vendor Parallels Inc. This is a full-service Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solution;
- Ingram Micro Virtual Machine by Microsoft Hyper-V technology for virtualization that enables customers to manage and run Windows server based solutions on the Ingram Micro Cloud; and
- Ingram Micro Web Hosting, which provides resources and services needed for channel partners to host fully managed and secure business Web sites for customers.
Two quick hits before I go: HP hires one of the top channel minds in Canada. Friend of CDN Steve Simmons is now the VP of the central region for HP Canada. CDN wishing Steve the very best. Simmons was previously with Cisco Canada, Unis Lumin and FlexITy.
Bill Botti, the executive VP of Wayside Technology Group, the parent company of Lifeboat Distribution is making some significant moves lately. Botti has initiating an investment and growth strategy at Lifeboat Distribution, supported by the addition of Evan Westenskow, who will now be in charge of building and leading a new team of field sales specialists for Lifeboat’s strategic vendor lines through its reseller network in Canada and the United States.