Dell EMC wants to help enterprises and other organizations across the globe keep up with the rapid advances in IT by introducing four new certifications in its training program.
The new certifications announced this morning are part of Dell EMC’s Proven Professional program, and according to the company, they’re being introduced to help minimize the barriers preventing enterprises from transforming. A recent report from Dell EMC says inadequate skills and expertise is one of the top three barriers slowing digital progress.
“We are helping our customers develop the critical talent – in-house and within technology partners – needed for the future,” said Charles Atkins, vice president for Dell EMC Education Services, in a press release.
The new certifications include:
- Dell EMC Certified Master – Enterprise Architect is the highest-level, experience-based certification. It uses a board review process to validate that candidates have both the technical acumen and the holistic understanding of business drivers to deliver secure ITaaS solutions that further digital transformation. The Dell EMC Education Services website has the full details, eligibility criteria and application to be considered for a board review.
- Dell EMC Certified Expert Systems Administrator – Multi-Cloud recognizes expertise in administration of multi-cloud solutions. This certification validates an administrator’s experience managing workloads across multi-cloud environments and their expertise in Dell EMC infrastructure, VMware vRealize Suite, and integrating with popular public cloud providers such as
- Dell EMC and VMware Cloud Provider Partners, Virtustream, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Dell EMC Certified Specialist Systems Administrator – Infrastructure Security validates that IT professionals have the knowledge and skills to take a security-first approach to administering
- Dell EMC infrastructure across the data center and cloud. Administrators will learn best practices in configuring and managing Dell EMC enterprise solutions in alignment with their organization’s overall security strategy.
- Dell EMC Certified Associate – Converged Systems and Hybrid Cloud Platforms establishes foundational knowledge in integrated infrastructure and cloud strategies. Business or technical professionals learn through real-life case studies and interactive experience in which they play the role of a CIO transforming an organization from a traditional data center to a modernized IT environment.
Dell EMC says IT professionals who are already certified or plan to be certified in VMware as well as Dell EMC’s new certifications can earn co-skilled badges for the following combinations:
- VMware Certified Associate – Digital Business Transformation (VCP-DBT) and Dell EMC Certified Associate Converged Systems and Hybrid Cloud Platforms can be combined as a Dell EMC and VMware Co-skilled Associate Badge.
- VMware Certified Professional 7 – Cloud Management and Automation (VCP7-CMA) and Dell EMC Certified Expert Administrator Multi-Cloud can be combined as a Dell EMC and VMware Co-skilled Expert Badge.
- VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) and Dell EMC Certified Master Enterprise Architect can be combined as a Dell EMC and VMware Co-skilled Master Badge
The certification exams for converged systems and hybrid cloud platforms are available now. Multi-cloud Expert Certification will be available April 29, in tandem with the Dell Technologies World event, which wraps up May 3 in Las Vegas. The Infrastructure Security Specialist certification will be available in June 2018.